If you love engines, then you love nothing more than reading car magazines and online blogs on the subject. But what if you could take it one step further and share our own knowledge and views with the world?
If you’re interested in the idea of starting your own online mechanical blog, keep reading.
- The first place to start is with a blog site or your own domain. If you want your domain to look professional, sign up for your own www address using the Groupon Coupons page for GoDaddy.
- Use the templates provided by GoDaddy to create a design for your online blog. When choosing pictures to use, ensure they are royalty free and that you are able to use them without restriction.
- Now it’s time to include content. Start with the following:
- Reviews on cars you have driven
- Product reviews on engine lubricant you like to use
- Instructional posts on how to perform basic vehicle maintenance
- A vehicle of the week which has recently been released
- Ask your friends for a list of common vehicle questions and answer them on a FAQ page
- With the basics of your site and content established, it’s time to get people to view it. The best place to advertise is through online forums you likely use to connect with other motorists. Don’t be shy to add your blog address to your online signature in these forums or to contact friends with the suggestion they visit your site.
- Once you have a following, it’s important to maintain engagement with your subscribers and be sure to always keep your site updated and current. Don’t leave it to fall behind where people think that you have abandoned it.
While it can seem easy to read the steps, it can take a bit of work to start up a blog. Don’t be afraid of it; it’s worth the energy you will put in for your passion. Once you have reached a solid number of active subscribers, consider speaking with local mechanic services and car dealerships about potential product reviews and advertising arrangements.
Now that you have the steps in mind, get out there, get your site up and online, and share your knowledge with the online world!