Eating while on a juice cleanse is likely to have minimal impact on your objectives, other than the possibility of slowing your weight loss process. Nevertheless, experts recommend you take certain foods for breakfast during a juice cleanse.
Juicing diets differ; for some, you can eat while detoxing your body with a juice cleanse. In other words, the argument isn’t about whether you should or shouldn’t take your breakfast during a juice cleanse. Rather, it’s about the best breakfast routine that can support your weight loss goals. However, before delving deeper into this matter, it’s good for you to learn the basics about detoxing with a juice cleanse.
What is a Juice Cleanse and Its Benefits?
According to nutritional experts, a juice cleanse is a detox diet that encompasses taking fruit and vegetable juice for a measured period. A juice cleanse is believed to supply your body with the necessary nourishment and flushes out toxins and wastes.
The human body naturally generates metabolism toxins, including lactic acid and urea. You also accumulate toxins from the food you consume, the drinks you take, and environmental pollutants. These toxins, if not cleared off, can cause harm to your body. For this reason, you must follow a good breakfast routine during a juice cleanse to flush these toxins out.
The 7-Day Breakfast Diet Routine During a Juice Cleanse
A standard juice cleanse lasts for several days, mostly three days. However, it’s often preceded by a preparation phase (between three and five days) and accompanied by a post-cleanse routine of two to three days. Here is the 7 day cleanse routine to follow during a juice cleanse:
- Day 1: During the preparation stage, slowly stop consuming dairy products, coffee, meat, refined sugar, wheat, and alcohol. Doing so will help minimize cravings, headaches, and other withdrawal symptoms during a juice cleanse.
- Day 2: Proceed with eliminating the identified foods in the previous step. At the same time, increase your consumption of fresh fruits, vegetables, and liquids.
- Day 3: Take minimal quantities of the prohibited foods while further increasing the consumption of fresh fruits, veggies, and liquids.
- Day 4: When you start your juice cleanse: Take 8-ounce of green vegetable juice; 8-ounce of beet, apple, and carrot juice; 8-ounce of smoothie with berries and almond milk; 8-ounce vegetable broth; apple (in case of persistent hunger feelings).
- Day 5: Take 8-ounce green vegetable juice; tiny salad without dressing, 8-ounce of ginger, cucumber, and apple juice; 8-ounce smoothies with pears and coconut milk; 8-ounce of green vegetable juice.
- Day 6: At this point, you’ll embark on a post-cleanse routine where you eat light meals. Slowly, start including other foods back into your diet for several days.
- Day 7: Proceed to include more calories and previously prohibited foods in small quantities.
Other Foods you Can Include in Your Breakfast Diet During a Juice Cleanse
Advocates of juicing recommend you mainly take organic food products. However, if you need more calories, you can include smoothies. Organic fruits and vegetables you can use in making your juice cleanse include:
- Leafy greens
The best nut milk to include in your breakfast routine during a juice cleanse include:
- Coconut milk
- Almond milk
- Cashew nut milk
Proponents of a juice cleanse also recommend you include whole gluten-free foods in case you’re feeling hungry during a juice cleanse. You can also use these foods when ready to start or transition from a juice cleanse. They include:
- Soy products, including tofu
- Whole grains
- Beans and legumes
- All fruits and vegetables
What you Should Avoid During a Juice Cleanse
Some strict juice diets prohibit you from consuming all solid food and fluids not made from recommended vegetables, nut milk, and fruits. Nevertheless, there are foods you should avoid when under any juice cleanse. They include:
- Fried foods
- Dairy products
A meal plan that complements your juice cleanse program is crucial for optimal weight loss results. Therefore, create and follow a supportive breakfast routine like the one above to achieve the best results.